Its 2021! Who is excited ?! I am so excited to start a new year and I am hoping to slowly smash some of my goals 😃 I hope some of these tips can help someone improve themselves this year & give them some motivation.
- Make sure you get adequate rest especially if you have kids; if they are at a age where they take naps take a nap with them. Sleep when they sleep 😉 If there is no way around that, make sure you go to bed at a decent time so you can get your full 8 hours. As the days go by if you don’t get your full 8 hours you start to feel very burnout. Try taking a warm bath before bed, or use those sleep sound apps.
2. Exercise this one has helped me a whole lot! If you suffer from anxiety or even stress…exercise releases those endorphins which help you feel better. If you can’t go to the gym then go out for a walk and try to do a brisk walk so you can break a sweat. I also found so many good work out videos on YouTube that you can do at home if for some reason you don’t have child care, its raining or for whatever reason. I will link a few that I do : https://youtu.be/IFQmOZqvtWg ; https://youtu.be/_r3AAdEFVNM ; https://youtu.be/05fCNM9f0ic
3. Drink more water 💦 This one is sort of obvious but sometimes we are so busy we tend to forget or I know some people who don’t like plain water. It really helps with so much… your health, your skin, your overall energy. You can squeeze lemon into your water which I personally love, or infuse it with cucumber or strawberries. I’ve seen so many different ways to infuse water! I don’t know about you but sometimes my body alerts me that I need more water , you can get dehydrated so quickly. I will link this affordable Amazon water bottle that helps keeping you on track with water drinking :
4. Don’t compare or compete with anyone! We all have moments where we do this, we are human so it happens, but don’t stay stuck. You are your own person and your individuality shines and you can do what no one else can. Focus on your strengths and work on your weaknesses. Always strive to be better than you were today or yesterday. Growth is key!
5. Read your bible or watch your favorite motivational speaker/ read your favorite quotes this really helps if you could do this in the mornings, so you can start your day on a positive note 😁 I’ve noticed this has helped me. There are motivational apps you can follow that send you daily quotes ( Motivation-Daily Quotes) or the Bible app ( you version) they have daily verses , or you can start a plan. Usually plans go for a few days, you can search by plans on what topic your looking for biblical help on. If you have time to read some of your bible I own this bible journal its a little pricey but I love it :
You can check this one out too it is better priced & has good reviews :
I really love the idea of having motivational cards on your desk; I gifted some to my oldest son for Christmas to keep him positive. These are geared toward women and such a good price , they look super cute :
Comment below what your goals are for 2021 & if you have any other tips to add. Also follow me on Instagram if your not already 😉